* The attack against Godly marriage and push towards making same sex marriage ‘normal’.
* The hatred that come from the G & L community when we communicate our wish to uphold our Godly standard on the marriage issue.
* The Terrorism around the world.. getting closer and closer to our front doors all the time.
* Pro-choiceers coming up with the most absurd reasoning on why is is apparently ok to kill a baby.
* The hatred that comes from pro-choicers when we communicate our wish to uphold our Godly standard on this issue. (Are you seeing a pattern?)
* The disrespect of young people, and the parents who refuse to take any responsibility for the fact that they raised these disrespectful children.
* I am accused of being ‘too much’ and ‘too controlling’ with my children because I decided very early on that my children would NOT full into this category alongside some of their peers.
* We seemingly growing argument that the church needs to be ‘relevant’ for today. (what the?)
Here are some passages that keep me sane when dealing with all of these, plus other issues.
– Proverbs 3:5-6 – Trust in The Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.
– Proverbs 18:10 – The name of The Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.
– Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
– John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
– Psalms 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
– 2 Timothy 1:7 – For God gave us a spirit not of fear, but of power and love and self-control.
– Psalm 120-1 – In my distress I called to the Lord, and He answered me.
There are so many more that I could list, but we’d be here all day. I could also start to ‘put pen to paper’ so to speak on the above current issues, but I would have no idea where to start… and no idea where to finish… I will simply continue to speak to my heavenly Father about it constantly.