Oh my goodness, if I’d left it another two days, it would have been an entire month between blogs…that’s downright SLACK !!!
So much has been going on.. which does help to explain my slackness in the blogging department.
The highlights are –
- Baby Boy Lucas is now HOME and powering on like the little warrior he has proven himself to be. He’s settling in at home, putting on weight, getting to know his big brother, and is having his first immunisations today.
- I scored myself a not very pleasant intercostal injury about a month ago and am actually still suffering from that. However, it IS improving (PRAISE GOD !!) so things ARE on the up & up. I think I did it because I did either too many sit ups, or did sit ups incorrectly. I had both an ultrasound and an X-ray on my right side chest/ribs etc but it didn’t show anything. As a result, I’ve had to change my exercise routine … for the first two weeks, I couldn’t do ANYTHING. I am pleased to say though that I must have been doing just enough to keep the weight loss train going as the number has continued to drop slowly each Tuesday morning for my weigh-in.
- We are now down to only two weeks and two days until we sail far far away across the sea !!! Our renewed passports finally arrived so this is a relief. I cannot even tell you how excited & humbled I am to know that I get to enjoy two weeks ‘off the job’. No cleaning, cooking, washing…. Thank you Jesus !!!
- Sadly there is ups and downs (more downs) in family over the last few weeks that look to be continuing for a while. However, God is teaching me a lot throughout. It’s so easy to see someone’s actions as selfishness on the surface, but when looking deeper, you can expose emotional issues that deserve additional care. Also, sadly, it is human nature to ‘arc up’ when someone does something to upset you, when in fact, we’ve been commissioned to Love thy neighbour, repay bad with GOOD, do all we can to expand God’s Kingdom, and most importantly, be the LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS !!!
- DH is really enjoying having his aeroplane and being able to go up to the airfield whenever he can and go for a fly IN HIS OWN PLANE. He’s been waiting a very long time for this and is LOVING IT !! He’s also made a nice group of friends up there, which is just as much a part of the whole ‘scene’ he’s been wanting to be apart of for so long. They sit around with their drinks and discuss all things ‘planes’. I’m really really happy for him. & as you can see, the kids are enjoying it too.
- The biggest homeschool excursion (78 people) I have ever organised went off without a hitch (or any drownings)… Woot Woot !!
- Miss 14’s dance comps all went very well. Now to enjoy the break before it all starts again in Feb 2016.
- The 2016 homeschool journey has been decided on which is also a weight off my shoulders. The older two kiddos are currently working through diagnostic testing for next year and are doing very well with them.
So there you go, that basically brings you up to speed, to a degree, on our lives.
Even amongst the ups and downs of ‘life’ I love how God makes ‘lessons’ out of all situations, good & bad. I’ve also been reading Jefferson Bethke’s Jesus>Religion which is really opening up my view on things.