Yes, I gotta say…. the fact that my family doesn’t complain about how much chicken & sweet potato are plated up for them each fortnight can only be a testament to my skills when it comes to variety !! (Yay Me !!)
Tonight I once again had a hankering for chicken, but my actual craving was not too healthy, so I had to come up with another plan. As I’m sure you’re curious what my craving was…. it was chicken & mushroom Calzone. As the bread option is not super fab to have, especially in the evening.. I thankfully managed to put my craving aside. Good thing really, as I’m pretty sure tonight’s meal was one of my finest… and I totally just made it up as I went along (as I often do). In the interest of utter honesty, I was also feeling extremely LAZY tonight.. I wanted a delicious meal, requiring very LITTLE effort to prepare. Check out the method… WAY EASY !!
As I have no idea what is a suitable name for my creation tonight, let’s just call it Fi’s chicken surprise !!
Now, some things I want to make clear here….
- this is my HUSBANDS serving size, mine was like maybe the same sweet potato fries, but about a third of the chicken. I gotta tell you though, it was sooooo hard to not go back for seconds of the chicken.
- Yes, aren’t you all impressed how much effort I put into making my photo like super professional. ha ha.
- Yes, I use a LOT of Turmeric in my cooking, hence the now empty bottle.. whoops. (not to self… add Turmeric to shopping list). PS… Turmeric is WAY GOOD FOR YOU !!
So.. how do you make this masterpiece I hear you say….
- 1kg Skinless chicken breast, cut up into small slices
- 150g fresh spinach
- 120g cut up mushrooms
- small red onion finely sliced
- Parsley, Basil & Tumeric (vary to taste)
- 4 generous dollops of cottage cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place all ingredients into oven-safe pan, or foil tray.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir up all ingredients.
- Cover with foil and place in pre-heated oven for 1hr.
Once you have your chicken dish in the oven, start preparing your sweet potato fries.
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
- butter (not Margarine peeps.. that stuff is GROSS)
- Microwave for 16mins with a dob of butter & some cinnamon sprinkled on top.
- Once par-cooked in microwave, place on an oven tray and in the oven with your chicken dish. Leave to cook/crisp for the remainder of the chicken cooking time.
- Serve up & ENJOY !!!
This meal was so so easy to make.. and the whole family was impressed. DH even went back for seconds.
Enjoy & be blessed peeps !! xox